Baby M turned three a few weeks ago, and we have been toying with the idea of potty training. We wanted to make sure that he was really ready. Well he’s been telling us as soon as he goes potty, and he’s shown a bit of interest in going “like a big boy”, so we decided to take the plunge! But I wouldn’t dream of starting without these potty training hacks every mom needs.
Potty Training Hacks Every Mom Needs
Now, I won’t promise that these potty training hacks are going to make your kiddo immediately potty train overnight, but they will certainly speed up the process! Potty training isn’t for the faint of heart, but with these potty training hacks every mom needs it doesn’t have to be quite so terrible! So grab some pull-ups and a super cute potty and let’s do this!
- Shop at Walmart for the Potty Training Essentials – We went shopping at Walmart to get some potty training essentials for Baby M!
- Get Huggies Pull-Ups (We like the Car Ones!) – If you’re just starting your potty training journey, you need to get some Huggies Pull Ups!
- Get Big Kid Undies – But don’t put them on! Get big kid undies in your kiddo’s very favorite characters and make sure they know that they can wear them as soon as they start staying dry!
- Get a Fun Potty – The grown up potty can be really scary for tiny little humans, so make sure that you get a fun kid potty to practice on first!
- Make Potty Training Fun – Potty training might be making you panic, but you need to make it seem like the funnest thing that ever happened! Talk up being a big kid, let your kiddo read a book while you wait on the potty, or even grab a fun potty training DVD.
- Have Big Siblings (Or Mommy/Daddy) Help – Okay, I’m typically super anti-peer pressure, but when it means that I might spend less time wiping bums I’m on board!
- Have Patience – This is the hardest, but most important tip. Be patient with your kiddo. I promise they won’t wear diapers to college.
So that’s that. With the perfect pull-ups and some major fun, you can get started on this potty training journey with your kiddo! With these awesome potty training hacks that every mom needs you can take a bit of the headache out of potty training. And a final warning, you might also want to grab some tissues because potty training means that your little baby is growing up!
Oh, and if you’re getting ready to have your own shopping trip for potty training supplies, you can use this cool search tool to find your local Walmart store! And you can grab these Huggies Pull-Ups from Walmart with this coupon code!