The other day I was asked what I would pick if I could have anything in the world. Everyone in the course gave answers like money or success. My answer? Sleep.
Ok so maybe that and happiness. As a mom of four sleep is another one of those non-existant s words. Two of my kids are night owls, and two of them are the type of morning people that are up before the sun. My coffee pot is probably the only thing in our household more exhausted than I am. These homemade bath crayons are a simple family activity that my kids absolutely love to create and when used at bathtime they help wind my night owls down for bed just a bit more quickly. And well, when you are a sleep-deprived mom every second counts, right?
This month the kids have been studying Van Gough so when we decided to make these bath crayons we chose to use our star silicone mold so that the kids can paint their own Starry Nights on the shower walls.
Items Needed to Make Homemade Bath Crayons
- Melt and Pour Soap Base (buy here)
- Food Dye (buy here)
- Lavender Essential Oils (buy here)
- Star Silicone Mold (buy here)
How to Make Homemade Bath Crayons
Y’all making these as easy as cutting up your soap base, melting it in the microwave and pouring it into the molds. Anyone can do this craft.
- To start you are going to cut up the soap base into cubes. I usually do a handful of soap cubes per color I am wanting to make.
- Then in a glass bowl you are going to microwave the soap base in intervals of one minute, stirring inbetween, until the soap base is melted smooth.
- Once the soap base is completely smooth add in your Essential Oil of choice. We typically do about 10 drops of Lavender, Cedarwood, or Young Living’s Sleepyize.
- Then mix in the food colors of your choice and pour into your silicone mold. You can do solid colors or do half colors by pouring half of the mold full and letting the soap firm up before adding another color on top.
- Set the silicone mold aside for about 30 minutes and then it should be ready to play with!
Using Young Living lavender essential oil before bedtime really helps little ones calm down and fall asleep easier. We’ve been using Young Living Essential Oils for almost a year, and it has been life changing. We’re staying healthier and experiencing wellness like we never have before. While you can purchase the lavender essential oil on its own, I can help you to get the lavender oil, 10 other oils, a diffuser, 24% off of all of your oil purchases for life and so much more! Learn more out the Young Living Premium Starter Kit here.