(Inside: With this one simple way to get even the pickiest kids to eat good food, your kids will be BEGGING for food that’s good for their bodies and filled with veggies. Plus some help for picky grown ups too!)
My son A-Man is picky…
But who am I kidding… I’m picky too.
See, A-Man and I are autistic, which means we both have pretty severe food aversions.
Send an onion my way and I’m out the door and don’t even get me STARTED on mushrooms…
Then there’s A-Man, who’s even pickier than me. The other day he lost his MIND because we got the off-brand pizza rolls.
So, to say we’re a picky bunch is a fair assessment!
But how in the world do we get healthy foods into our bodies when we’re so picky?!
Thankfully, I found one simple way to get even the pickiest kids to eat good food, and I’m sharing it with you today!
*This post is sponsored by Babbleboxx.com I was given a box to try with my family and compensated for my time. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own, please see my full disclosure for details.
One Simple Way to Get Even the Pickiest Kids (And Grown Ups) to Eat Good Food
Over the years, we’ve tried tons of tips, tricks, and hacks to help our kids (and myself) eat healthy.
Once we even went out and bought a juicer. Man are those things hard to clean!
But every time we made an effort, after a while we’d get bored and we’d find ourselves wandering into our old habits…
Until now. See, it’s National Nutrition Month, so we decided we need to get serious…
I found ONE super simple way to get picky kids to eat better foods, and for the first time, my whole family is on board.
Make it Exciting
The only thing you need to make the pickiest of kids try new foods is to make it exciting.
My kids are not about to try veggies just because we put them out.
And they know most mainstream tricks.
I needed REAL excitement out of my munchkins, or I knew this would never work…
Thankfully there’s one thing that is GUARANTEED to get my kids excited.
My kids get SO excited every time we get a package, even though 90% of the time it’s a book for me or homeschool stuff for them, which isn’t exciting at all.
Still, I knew I needed to use this to my advantage, and I was right…
I knew I needed to get our new food choices delivered…
The second the package hit the doorstep they were ALL OVER IT.
“MOM DID YOU SEE THE PACKAGE?”
“MOM THE MAILMAN CAME!”
“MOM, MOM, MOM, WHAT DID YOU GET?!”
Make Sure it Tastes Good
Okay, now that we know the one simple way to get picky kids to eat good food is to make it exciting, I need to add this in.
You’ve GOT to make sure it tastes good…
When you’re dealing with the pickiest of picky kids, they can see through that weird banana smash thing you tried to call a pancake, okay?
We’re talking about kids who REVOLT when we offer them a new brand of their favorite snack… This isn’t a time to hand them something that doesn’t taste amazing.
Trying New Foods for National Nutrition Month
We tried a handful of good and nutritious foods for National Nutrition Month!
There are options for the entire family included, and everything tastes delicious!
Our BabbleBoxx came with:
- Brew Dr. Kombucha: I was a bit hesitant to try Kombucha… If you’ve never heard of it, Kombucha is a non-alcoholic fermented tea that’s live and active. Kombucha probiotics are wonderful for you, and I was glad to hear that the Brew Dr. Kombucha is tasty, low sugar, and low calorie! Clear Mind and Herbal Uplift were both included in the box, and the Clear Mind was definitely my favorite! You can catch up with Brew Dr. Kombucha here.
- JOLLY TIME Simply Popped Pop Corn: I. Love. Pop Corn. I absoluetly love to pop in a movie and snuggle up on the couch with a big bowl of pop corn… That’s why I was SO excited that the JOLLY TIME Simply Popped Pop Corn was included in the Babbleboxx, and that it has zero trans fats and no hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils! With only 35 calories per cup, I couldn’t believe it tasted even better than other microwave pop corn! You can learn more about JOLLY TIME Simply Popped Pop Corn here.
- Nutpods Dairy-Free Creamer: I am a coffee snob. I can’t drink black coffee to save my life. Buuuuut as a busy work at home, homeschooling mom of five, I need my coffee. I was SO excited to try out the nutpods dairy-free coffee creamers! Original, french vanilla, and hazelnut flavors were included in my Babbleboxx. My favorite was french vanilla, but Chris preferred hazelnut! You can use the code BABBLE20 to get 20% off your purchase through April 12th, 2018.
- Sprout Organic Crinklez: I’m going to be honest… When I saw these I wasn’t convinced the kids would love them… I mean, They’re a veggie snack for toddlers that are made with powdered chickpeas and other vegetables that you can see. But since my kids were so excited when we got the package, they DOVE IN and absolutely loved these! You can find Sprout Organic Crinklez here.
- JUNKLESS Chewy Granola Bars: All of the kids absolutely loved the JUNKLESS Chewy Granola Bars! They were soft and chewy, not dry and hard, and they’re made with NO artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors, and no high fructose corn syrup! You can learn more about JUNKLESS here, and grab some of the yummy granola bars here!
The kids LOVED it, and I loved that they all ate real, good foods without a fight!